Become A Play Box Ambassador
Helping To Build Community
What makes Play Box programs sustainable and successful is having a community of ambassadors responsible for keeping the Play Boxes in good working order. To become a Play Box Ambassador, first review the Ambassador role and responsibilities, then fill out the Ambassador Registration Form using the link at the bottom of this page.
Already an Ambassador and need to report a maintenance issue? Fill out the online Play Box Ambassador Reporting Form.
- Checking in periodically on the condition of the box, lock and equipment
- Keeping the Play Box clean
- Reporting any maintenance issues to the Play Box Ambassador Program Supervisor
- Keeping soccers balls and footballs properly inflated
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required
- Physically able to perform the required tasks
- Be reliable and safety conscious
- Enjoy the outdoors
- Be accompanied by an adult if under age 19
- Must commit to a minimum of 1 year
- Visit the Play Box once (or more) per month to help maintain it as outlined under "Duties"
Play Boxes not only encourages families to go outside and be physically active, but they also helps people living in a neighbourhood get to know each other. It helps people build community. Ambassadors are vital to helping make this happen.