Resource Information for Families During the Covid 19 Pandemic
Tri-Cities Kids Matter
Tri-Cities' kids matter. That is why the Tri-Cities Early Childhood Development (ECD) and Middle Childhood Matters (MCM) Committees are committed to continue advancing the well-being and success of children 0 to 12 and their families, in the spirit of ongoing community collaboration. We are proud of the strong partnerships fostered over the years through these two committees. Their efforts culminated in a vibrant, strong, and successful family-centred community with residents in Anmore, Belcarra, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam and Port Moody.
Together, the committees created and continue to engage in initiatives that have helped build a solid foundation for our community to move forward in solidarity towards child and family wellness in the Tri-Cities. These include:
- Live 5210 Play Box Program and Unplug and Connect campaign
- Children's Accord and Children's Charter of Rights
- Champions awards events recognizing businesses, agencies and individuals making a difference
- Professional Development Workshops for front line child care professionals
- Resources that help inform our community
With full gratitude, we acknowledge the Tri-Cities is core territory of the Kwikwetlem First Nations people and lies within the shared Traditional Territories of the Tsleil-Waututh, Katzie, Musqueam, Squamish and Sto’:lo Nations. We honour the Ancestors and all relations who walked this land long before us.
View initiatives the Tri-Cities ECD & MCM Committees have been involved with to benefit children, parents and ECD professionals in the Tri-Cities area.
View the Tri-Cities Children's Charter, find out how it was created, how you can help implement it, along with the legacy of Angelo Lam.
View child development charts, utilize the interactive community resource map and find resources on how you can unplug and connect.
- City of Coquitlam
- City of Port Coquitlam
- City of Port Moody
- Coquitlam Public Library
- Fraser Health
- Immigrant Services Society of BC
- Kateslem After-School Program
- Ministry of Children & Family Development
- Place des Arts
- Parent Support Services Society of BC
- Place Maillardville Community Centre
- Port Moody Public Library
- School District #43, Coquitlam
- SHARE Family & Community Services
- Spirit of the Children
- Step-by-Step Child Development Society
- Terry Fox Library
- Tri-Cities Literacy Committee
- Tri-City Family Place
- United Way of the Lower Mainland
- Village of Anmore
- Village of Belcarra
- Westcoast Family Centres
- YMCA Child Care Resource Centre